1. Two cups strained Greek yogurt
2. One cup seeded cucumber shredded or diced
3. Two tbsp lemon juice or white vine vinegar
4. Two tsp garlic powder or two cloves garlic minced
5. One tbsp chopped dill or mint leaves
6. Salt to taste
7. Pepper to taste preferably white pepper but black would also be fine
8. 1/2 tbsp olive oil
If not using strained yogurt, strain yogurt for 30min-3hours using a cheesecloth or coffee filter to drain out excess water. Skip this step if using store bought strained yogurt. You can skip this step also if you are in a hurry. Shred cucumber, mix some salt and keep aside. After 10 mins squeeze out excess water and mix this cucumber in the yogurt. Add garlic, lemon juice, mint/dill leaves, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix everything well. Mediterranean Tzatziki is ready to serve.
Tip:- This can be served with pita chips, veggies, can be applied on gyros, buns, breads etc to make yummy sandwiches/foldwiches. Remember to keep it refrigerated.