1. 7-8 big ripe tomatoes, washed and chopped
2. One medium onion chopped
3. Two garlic cloves chopped
4. 1/2 cup cilantro washed
5. 1-2 jalapeños deseeded and chopped
6. Salt to taste
7. Sugar to taste (optional)
8. Lime juice to taste
9. 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (optional)
Blend everything together in a food processor. Store in an airtight bottle in the refrigerator. If adding spaghetti sauce, this will have a shelf life of a month. Else try finish in a week.
For a healthier version add parsley too and skip spaghetti sauce. Spaghetti sauce, however, gives a nice red color to it.